Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
I only ended up with roosters and already sold all but 1, it would help if you stated where you are looking for them

Personally I've noticed that most people in this thread are posting their joys of new eggs around 25-30 weeks with the RIRs.

Heritage lay latter production lay sooner and if your chickens are maturing in the fall or winter they will lay later because of the weather... If they were maturing in the spring it would be sooner and I was refering to all chickens in general not just rir
Mine are a mix between heritage and production so they tend to start laying around 20-23 weeks and I rarely mature or expect my birds to start laying in the fall/winter(I'm mainly just hoping the dumb dumbs stay out of the cold rain/servive winter) I mean come on they are so smart in the spring and summer but fall hits and their brains pack up and leave.. I've seen my hens complete a maze to get a treat but now will walk straight into a net and can't figure out how to get out or just stands in the rain when there's a covering less then five feet away...

Last edited:
Three more today!!!! Yeah 31 weeks and now five or six of nine are laying! BTW I think he meant heritage. I am looking in MO. Good luck. I even asked on the heritage thread with no luck other than to order eggs from back east.

Back
Top Bottom