Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
Can any one help me on this forum...... i am trying to see what sex my two RIR's are i have posted pics below!!! I would be very grateful for any info. anyone has thank you so much!!!

How old are they? Are they hatchery Reds? It's really hard to tell gender when rir are young. There are some traits of certain lines that can indicate gender but it's not 100%.

Penny

How old are they? Are they hatchery Reds? It's really hard to tell gender when rir are young. There are some traits of certain lines that can indicate gender but it's not 100%.

Penny

actually someone on another thread told me to flip them over and check their bums so i did the first one which i already suspected is a boy im so excited cause he is my baby he loves up on me and every the other is a hen she is my other lover too :) thank you so so much for your help they are 6 wks old and from TSC

Hey everyone! I wanted some opinions of my hen Peaches. I got 6 RIR's in spring of 2011. As they grew one hen always looked a bit different. There's Peaches on the far right. Fall of 2011 Another of when she was a pullet And a recent one with her chick Sooo you think she is a true RIR or some hybrid?
She seems more like a New Hampshire red.

Hello
I have one RIR, her name is Rhoda (fits the breed) Here is a pic

Back
Top Bottom