Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
Hey all, just wanted to pop in a post a coupe pic's of our RIR Roo, Rojo. He is17 weeks old and already a very big boy. He has great instincts as far as guarding and alerting the ladies. He is working in tandem with our alpha buff orph roo on calling back and forth when they suspect danger.

Hey all, just wanted to pop in a post a coupe pic's of our RIR Roo, Rojo. He is17 weeks old and already a very big boy. He has great instincts as far as guarding and alerting the ladies. He is working in tandem with our alpha buff orph roo on calling back and forth when they suspect danger.

What a pretty roo! We have 2 RIRs 18 weeks old...anxiously awaiting our first eggs lol. My most friendly chicken is one of our RIRs. She comes and chats with me every time I walk outside

What a pretty roo!  We have 2 RIRs 18 weeks old...anxiously awaiting our first eggs lol.  My most friendly chicken is one of our RIRs.  She comes and chats with me every time I walk outside
thanks, yes he is crowing away and clucks a lot when we are around. Ours are 17 weeks ( we have 28) still awaiting first egg, it is hard to be patient ;)

Just wanted to show a pic of our two RIR Roo's, we got in our rainbow pullet pack. The bigger one is Rojo and the other one we call Little Red. Believe it or not Rojo is second in command to a Buff Orph Roo the same age.

thanks, yes he is crowing away and clucks a lot when we are around. Ours are 17 weeks ( we have 28) still awaiting first egg, it is hard to be patient ;)

Ours rir laid her first egg at about 22 and a half weeks. Enjoys your chickens, they are awesome birds.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom