Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
Hi there,
New chicken owner. I just got 4 Rhodies . I have had them for 6 days now..where I got them from was super dirty, no clean area at all. I have a nice clean coop with lots of food amd water. I bought scratch, layer food, and oyster shelll and a heat lamp ect. Today they really started to talk when I would go outside to check on them. Just curious on how long after you move chickens will it take for them to lay eggs?

AW DANG!What is he then?She doesn't have any gold on her,a few balck specks.

What is she? She's a chicken. I don't say that to be a smarty, but to simply state a truth. 99% of the birds on the planet aren't bred to any breed, really. They're just chickens. Folks "call' their birds this or that breed, but that merely for convenience sake. Truth is that very, very few birds are truly bred to the standard for the breed.

Hi there,
New chicken owner. I just got 4 Rhodies . I have had them for 6 days now..where I got them from was super dirty, no clean area at all. I have a nice clean coop with lots of food amd water. I bought scratch, layer food, and oyster shelll and a heat lamp ect. Today they really started to talk when I would go outside to check on them. Just curious on how long after you move chickens will it take for them to lay eggs?

It depends on the individual chickens.... Usually a week, but it can take three weeks.

EXCEPT for the fact that we are now into fall...these super short days make many chickens stop laying, with laying picking up in the spring.

Be ULTRA careful with that heat lamp.... Lots of coop fires.

My favorite girl right here loving the sun

Back
Top Bottom