Rhode Island Red Thread!

Pics
Anybody have a way of sexing 1 week old chicks I have 25 new straight run im hoping there 90 percent female I heard if u hold them by the scruff of the neck the males let there feet dangle and females raise them any experience?

My RIR girl is now finally laying an egg a day!!!
yesss.gif

Anybody have a way of sexing 1 week old chicks I have 25 new straight run im hoping there 90 percent female I heard if u hold them by the scruff of the neck the males let there feet dangle and females raise them any experience?
That doesn't work. If it does it is by chance

Is there any way of telling? I mean aside from venting im not willing to go that far lol if any of u have pics of young male and female rirs please post

Is there any way of telling? I mean aside from venting im not willing to go that far lol if any of u have pics of young male and female rirs please post

You can try feather sexing like some hatcheries do but you have to be pretty good at it. I have had 90% accuracy with my ameraucanas at 8 days old

Ok ill try that but let me get it straight they have a top set of feathers and bottom on there wings. The bottom set will be longer on a female and more close to the same size on a male? Or vice versa?

Im going to be constantly hatching rir and I think im going to do a little "study"

Anybody have any safe ideas on either how to mark or band young chicks? Ill try some ways of sexing them and separate them till its aperent of the exact sex

Ok ill try that but let me get it straight they have a top set of feathers and bottom on there wings. The bottom set will be longer on a female and more close to the same size on a male? Or vice versa?

Im going to be constantly hatching rir and I think im going to do a little "study"

Anybody have any safe ideas on either how to mark or band young chicks? Ill try some ways of sexing them and separate them till its aperent of the exact sex

Looks up videos and pictures. It is raise to see than explain. I use little rubber bands to band my chicks. They also have small spiral bands so that could work too. Or zip ties

Back
Top Bottom