Rhode Island Reds - Does comb size determine gender?

Bummer. "Serious management decisions" as in "how to fit 4 chickens in a crockpot"? This is not the direction I saw my first year of backyard chickens going. Oh, well, that's part of the deal, right?

But, if I get rid of the 4 roosters, I'll probably need to get more hens. Then I will have to figure out how to add new hens to a flock peacefully. Guess I have some more forums to read.
My RIR hens did the same thing . I had to that had very little and pale combs and 2 that developed large combs and waddles And they were so red . I started thinking I would have to get rid of the two roosters and keep the hens . It was a huge difference and they were all the exact same age . Turns out I had 4 hens .. the other two just developed slower . The round tail feathers help so much . You will know if you have roosters in a few more weeks just please don’t assume from what everyone says that you have roosters . If I would have done that I would have gotten rid of my most beautiful hens because they developed faster .

Bummer. "Serious management decisions" as in "how to fit 4 chickens in a crockpot"? This is not the direction I saw my first year of backyard chickens going. Oh, well, that's part of the deal, right?

But, if I get rid of the 4 roosters, I'll probably need to get more hens. Then I will have to figure out how to add new hens to a flock peacefully. Guess I have some more forums to read.
My RIR hens did the same thing . I had to that had very little and pale combs and 2 that developed large combs and waddles And they were so red . I started thinking I would have to get rid of the two roosters and keep the hens . It was a huge difference and they were all the exact same age . Turns out I had 4 hens .. the other two just developed slower . The round tail feathers help so much . You will know if you have roosters in a few more weeks just please don’t assume from what everyone says that you have roosters . If I would have done that I would have gotten rid of my most beautiful hens because they developed faster .

Back
Top Bottom