RIP Sophie, the rabbit.

jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
This post is a eulogy.

In 2014, when I lived in Post Falls, Idaho, I purchased a female Netherland Dwarf / Californian mix female rabbit. I named her Sophie.

Sophie lived a good life. When we moved to Nampa, Idaho, she began to live with 10 hens. She got along with them just fine. In fact, we believe she chased off a hawk that tried to take a chicken. This is unproven, though.

There is also evidence that around that same time she killed a stray cat that wandered in the run. Again, unproven.

When we moved to Dietrich, Idaho, she seemed to be very happy. She would “let herself” out of the run to explore the yard at night. She would always return to her run in the morning.

On December 10, 2022, she died, taken by a hawk. The body was not recovered.

Rest in Peace, Sophie.

4FA9A218-D804-4E1B-8715-A029DC275B2F.jpeg

Sophie was a beautiful girl and sounds like a fierce warrior who had personality-plus! I'm sure you will miss her for a very long time. When I lose an animal friend, I try to remember that I provided the best life I possibly could, which is what you did for Sophie.

I am very sorry for the loss of a wonderful companion.

This post is a eulogy.

In 2014, when I lived in Post Falls, Idaho, I purchased a female Netherland Dwarf / Californian mix female rabbit. I named her Sophie.

Sophie lived a good life. When we moved to Nampa, Idaho, she began to live with 10 hens. She got along with them just fine. In fact, we believe she chased off a hawk that tried to take a chicken. This is unproven, though.

There is also evidence that around that same time she killed a stray cat that wandered in the run. Again, unproven.

When we moved to Dietrich, Idaho, she seemed to be very happy. She would “let herself” out of the run to explore the yard at night. She would always return to her run in the morning.

On December 10, 2022, she died, taken by a hawk. The body was not recovered.

Rest in Peace, Sophie.

View attachment 3346439
I'm so sorry 😞

Bloody hawks. I'm no hunter but I'd gladly shoot and cook one of those or a hundred

Big hugs mate

Back
Top Bottom