RIR or Red Sex Link?

Fjb6673

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 28, 2015
Western Massachusetts
I am new to the chicken game, and i'm starting to think the person I bought my hens from either lies, or didn't know what she had. She told me these are Rhode Island Reds, but I'm thinking they might be red sex links. What do you guys think?

?

Red Sex-Link. Rhode Island Reds always have completely dark red plumage with a black-tipped tail, like this.

Red Sex-Links are a cross between a red gene cock (New Hampshire, Rhode Island Red, etc) x a silver gene hen (Silver Leghorn, Delaware, Columbian plumage type, silver factor White Rock, etc.). What makes them sex-linked is where the males are white chicks that grow to be white with a little red. The females are reddish chicks that grow up to be red with a little white.

Red Sex-Link. Rhode Island Reds always have completely dark red plumage with a black-tipped tail, like this.

Red Sex-Links are a cross between a red gene cock (New Hampshire, Rhode Island Red, etc) x a silver gene hen (Silver Leghorn, Delaware, Columbian plumage type, silver factor White Rock, etc.). What makes them sex-linked is where the males are white chicks that grow to be white with a little red. The females are reddish chicks that grow up to be red with a little white.
x2

Back
Top Bottom