Road kills

This one isn't dead yet..... Just a dust bath!
beetov-hen dust bath.JPG

Hubby saw a car hit a pheasant. When he went to check on it he saw that there was very little damage but it was dead. So he brought it home and we had it for supper.
Ain't nuthin wrong with a good roadkill! :drool :eek:
Ya I remember when I was a kid once a car in front of us hit a deer.
We ended up throwing it in the trunk and taking it home where our neighbor cleaned it and cut it up and our families split it.
It was damn good eatin but kinda creepy.
I have a next door neighbor that drives around the back roads looking for big snappers (live only) to take home and eat. I've even got into the habit of picking them up sometimes for him.
Also remember once a drunken neighbor picked up a roadkill cat and took it home to his wife since she had been wanting a cat.
I remember it being flat and stiff and he had it leaned against the couch petting it telling her all the reasons it would be better then a live cat.
One reason was he said it wouldn't shed. He was so drunk he didn't even notice as he petted it clumps of hair was falling out.

Is he still married to the same woman?
IDK
That was 30 something years ago and when we lived on the other side of the state.
I would bet they are I was friends with their kids and saw him do nothing but drink and be stupid while she worked and stayed with him. Sad but kinda one of those that seem to stay no matter what.

Not roadkill, just a good ol’ country boy. :love This dog used to lie on this backroad every day (I don’t take that way anymore) and somehow never got hit or stolen.

Attachments

• 2868D81B-A5CD-40C9-A925-EAA8EEBC029D.jpeg
    2868D81B-A5CD-40C9-A925-EAA8EEBC029D.jpeg
    864.4 KB · Views: 21
Ya I remember when I was a kid once a car in front of us hit a deer.
We ended up throwing it in the trunk and taking it home where our neighbor cleaned it and cut it up and our families split it.
It was damn good eatin but kinda creepy.
I have a next door neighbor that drives around the back roads looking for big snappers (live only) to take home and eat. I've even got into the habit of picking them up sometimes for him.
Also remember once a drunken neighbor picked up a roadkill cat and took it home to his wife since she had been wanting a cat.
I remember it being flat and stiff and he had it leaned against the couch petting it telling her all the reasons it would be better then a live cat.
One reason was he said it wouldn't shed. He was so drunk he didn't even notice as he petted it clumps of hair was falling out.

Sounds like you had the same kind of upbringing that I've had. Pure country! :frow

We've processed a deer that my sister-in-law hit with her car too. Might as well get something in return for all the damage it did to her car!

You haven't lived until you've eaten a good fried snapping turtle. One of our favorites but we don't find many out here in Wyoming. Growing up in the Midwest they were pretty common. ;)

This is kinda a sad thread but it’s a bit interesting. I Hate when people put “get well” balloons on dead animals. In my opinion that’s mean
Whaaaaat? What kind of sick weirdo for that??? LMAO.
The word I ever saw was a deer someone hit around Christmas time.... Then stuck a red reindeer nose on.
I mean, WTH. That's just mean.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom