Rob & cherylcohen on NBC's TODAY show... Possibly Monday 4/11

Quote:
I am so glad I wasn't the only one that was a bit disenchanted with the piece. I felt that over all it came across as "silly" or for "strange" people. Chicken diapers are certainly not what most chicken keepers use or strive to have. I thought it was more of a "look at the odd craze that is catching on" and not in a pleasant way. I thought you guys were GREAT but the production was awful. I personally plan on writing and complaining about the negative light I felt it painted chicken-keeping in. It might be just me I guess. Maybe I take things too personally but, yeah, the "chicken dance" didn't help AT ALL

Well said.
thumbsup.gif

You know, they have a channel on the satellite totally dedicated to farming, RFDTV. Why not one for chickens? BYCTV? It could be all chickens all the time. Rob could host, Your Chicken, Your Pet, Your Breakfas(or dinner)
hide.gif
..........Ten Chicken Do's and Dont's
D.gif
.............Teaching your chicken to flush the toilet
ep.gif
smile.png

Rammy

HUbby told me about it after I came in from taking care of the chicks, and the ducks... I was able to google today show and luckily found it !!! I hope the will do another some time.. Maybe MSMBC will do one.. the would spend a good hour on it I bet..
I enjoyed getting to see it..

found out Saturday that besides the people one block over who have started taking care of a flock of feral chickens there are 3 other people who have chickens on the same block but across the street from them. LOL.. we went to a garage sale and the people had just sold their house and took me to show their back yard... They had chickens ( but lost them last month to raccoons).. three other houses had chickens also.. they just had hens though... the people that are taking care of the feral chickens have roosters.. I know they have to rehome the spring hatch of extra roos every year.. Somebody around here years ago had chickens and moved off and abandoned them.. I'm glad some one finaly fixed up their yard and took them in.. they are black, and red ...I get the biggest kick out of hearing the young ones try and crow each year..

I know three of my neighbors have said they love hearing them crow in the morning. but thats a block away not right next door. LOL.. funny I can hear them crowing in the peoples back yard when we go for walks and I don't think it's that loud but thats just me..

It was a great relief for me to see it told that chickens are in the living rooms of other's than me. My wife is still not properly consoled.
A chicken in every living room! That's my slogan!

Well done always great to see good things on the news. Does any one know what type of chicken the gray one is she was shown about half way through.

I saw that piece by accident and I just so happen to take Monday off of work. When I saw Cheryl's coup I told my wife "I know that coup!". I think she thought "yeah right", but then i explained at all the coups I looked at here and I knew for a fact i had seen it. I think I am going to the Today show website to make a few comments of my own about the lack of useful content. All in all still a good piece!

Back
Top Bottom