Pics

RodNTN

Hatchaolic
8 Years
May 22, 2013
The Volunteer State
My Coop
My Coop
Hi everybody, I have been wanting to start one of these for the longest time so here I am!
frow.gif
Here are a few rules about my chat thread:
1. Follow all BYC rules!
2. No fighting or arguing.
3. No cussing.
4. Have fun!
I'll start off the chat,

I LOVE chickens, dogs, cats, horses (I want one so much!) goats, basically all animals!
I love bird feeding and watching
I love fall and winter
My favorite breed of chickens are silkies, white leghorns, EE's, and red sex links, how about you all?
I love books
Okay, your turn!

This Story is in Memory of Two Special Birds in my Life: Henrietta and Henrietta Jr.

Today on this very morning last year my Henrietta passed away. Born in June 2015, she got her name from one of my very dear friends. Henrietta was a beautiful, fluffy Light Sussex. Too soon, she left us. While she was dying, I placed a few lilac flowers on her beautiful white and black feathered coat. Tears rolling down my face: I whispered goodbye. She left me a few seconds later. She had a seizure. My heart still aches for her. But her loss brought new life to me. As I went to grieve, there, lying on the ground, was a beautiful baby robin. Its right leg was splayed out behind it and it was barely breathing. Wiping my tear-stained face, I picked this beautiful little bird up. Its mouth was open and I was sure it was going to die. I was devastated, it was too much to bear. Two deaths in one morning. I tried to warm it up and my hands and it moved a bit. Barely, but it was something. I quickly brought the tiny bird inside my house and put it under warmth.

Soon, it was demanding to be fed. I hurried and gave the bossy little bird some worms and she gobbled them up greedily. This little bird had brought new life and happiness in me. I still missed my Henrietta, but this little bird needed me. So, I named her Henrietta Jr. in memory of my late bird. This little robin brought joy into my family. Its little (but getting louder), chirps demanded food and snuggles. I had hope that she would grow up and one day I could take her outside and watch her fly away. I didn’t really take much notice in her broken leg. But you could tell that behind her shining eyes there was pain. A few days later I started realizing she was in pain and it was getting worse every moment.

I tried in vain to help her but a few days later, she left me. I walked into the room where she was being held and in the box she was laying there, unmoving and peaceful. I think she was smiling. She wanted me to know that she left quickly and she loved me. The Lord has her now, and now she wants me to know that she’s okay now, she’s happy, she’s safe from death, she's not in pain. I know I gave her the best life she ever could have. Henrietta Jr. taught me many lessons: Joy, comfort, care and most of all, love. I loved her, and she loved me. Right now Henrietta is with all of our lost ones in Heaven.

I would like to end this story with a verse from the Bible:

13 Brothers and sisters, we do not want you to be uninformed about those who sleep in death, so that you do not grieve like the rest of mankind, who have no hope. 14 For we believe that Jesus died and rose again, and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

R.I.P Henrietta Jr.
Found: May 17 2016
Died: May 23 2016

IMG_9580.JPG
IMG_9587.jpg
IMG_9589.jpg
IMG_9603.jpg
IMG_9606.jpg
IMG_9614.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg
IMG_9617.jpg

IMG_9449.jpg

Henrietta

Some of you might remember this little diary thread I made about Henrietta Jr.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1...-i-p-now-a-raising-baby-birds-and-tips-thread

Hi @RodNTN

I love animals also. I especially love chickens and horses (i can't decide what i like better) I owned a horse once... a rescue thoroughbred and it was a very rewarding experience.
I love spending time with my chickens while watching them free range and dust bath. Today was soon funny. Their feed bowl trough thing was empty and the door was open so i just grabbed it and left for the house to fill it up. When i look behind me they are all following me to the house haha.
My favourite breed of chicken is the Australorps
Here are some pics of mine

Aww, your chickens are soo cute @AustralorpsAU ! I especially love the third pic! Aww, you need some silkies @Cluckcluck1215 ! Their such great chickens! I'm with you, I LOVE all animals! I also love music, I like old 1940's-50's music the most. How about you? What are you all doing this summer?

Your avy is STUNNING, Lily!!!!! :love :love :love
Thanks! That's our late rooster, Autumn. He actually got in the BYC 2016 calendar! I miss him so much. I often start tearing up when I think of him. We had to get rid of him because he crowed so often and our neighbours were getting annoyed. We gave him back to the people we got him from but I little while later I learned about crow collars. We went back a little while later to see if he was still there so we could bring him back but sadly they made him dinner. I regret now not searching up to see if there was some way to stop the crowing. He was the best. He loved us and we loved him.

R.I.P Autumn. You will forever be loved.
IMG_4363.JPG

Back
Top Bottom