Roo or Hen Cinnamon Queen

mrshwagner

Hatching
May 11, 2019
This supposed Cinnamon queen is about 8 weeks old. Any other guesses on the breed? At least a double thick comb, pointy tail feathers, and appears to be a rounded saddle(is this too early to tell?) Which trait trumps the others?

Attachments

• King 1.jpg
    King 1.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 84
  • King 2.jpg
    King 2.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 48
  • King 3.jpg
    King 3.jpg
    506.2 KB · Views: 51
  • King 4.jpg
    King 4.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 49
  • King 6.jpg
    King 6.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 46
  • King 5.jpg
    King 5.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 47
  • King 7.jpg
    King 7.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
We got this amongst another from my in-laws who said they were cinnamon Queens. I don't remember and didn't know to pay attention to the color. I know most cinnamon Queens have white but I did come across some I thought looked like that. This is my first batch of chickens so please I would love any additional insight. Please give your reasons for why you think what it is. I'm trying to learn.

The bird shown is not a cinnamon Queen, but does appear to be a pullet.
Both the plumage pattern and the comb type are incorrect for what would be seen in a true cinnamon Queen. While they are hybrids, the common characteristics of cinnamon queens are single Combs and red plumage with some degree of white leakage which can vary from bird to bird

A place at a local feed store. Here's a picture of the other one. Our supposed to be red leghorns turned out to be Americaunas.

Attachments

• CQ #1.jpg
    CQ #1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 34
  • CQ#2.jpg
    CQ#2.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 32
  • CQ3.jpg
    CQ3.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 37
A place at a local feed store. Here's a picture of the other one. Our supposed to be red leghorns turned out to be Americaunas.

If by americauna you mean Easter egger (vs. Ameraucana), bird shown has no characteristics common to those....while trie EE/americauna have no standard appearance, there are characteristics generally seen in them.
I would ask the store what hatchery they use.....the birds appear to me to be hybrids

Back
Top Bottom