Roo or Pullet???

onawhimfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Dec 21, 2011
Klingerstown, PA
Here are a couple of pictures of my 5 week old babies. They are mix breeds. Any idea's???

# 1, AM/FBCM Black with copper neck and black tufts, I believe this one is a roo.

#2 EE/Production Red, Red/Tan, I'm on the fence with this one. Acts very bossy but not as bad as #1

#3, Cochin, all black, this one is the most timid, but the comb is larger than the red ones but not very pink... I truely suck at figuring out sex! Of course, these 3 are all I kept from my hatch of 12. So they will probably all be roo's, right!!

Well, we will never know what the 2 black chicks would have been.
hit.gif
I went out to care for them the other day and there was piles of feathers outside the run and only the brown chick was left!! I have no idea what got them!! I moved the remaining chick back to the brooder with my 3 welsummer freshly hatched chicks and they seem to be doing well together. I'm going to get a game camera to see what the heck is messing around my grow out pen and will disbatch it as soon as I can!
somad.gif
I have had chickens coming on a year now and I have had NO problems until this!! I'm so mad and upset about this... but I guess it is all part of learning and improving...

Back
Top Bottom