Roo/Pullet Black/Blue Orps*pics*

Heidi

Songster
12 Years
Mar 18, 2007
Northwest Michigan
I know they are only 3 weeks old, but I was hoping to get other members imput on who is what. Thanks!
Black Orp - I do know that's a cockerel-just thought I would show him off.
BlkOrp.jpg

Blue Orp #1
BlueOrp11.jpg

BlueOrp1.jpg

Blue Orp #2
BlueOrp22.jpg

BlueOrp2.jpg

Nothing like that gawky stage, LOL! The first guy even looks embarrassed! I'd say #2 Blue is a pullet. You know #1 Black is a cockerel, no doubt about that. #1 Blue has pretty thick legs, but I really think it's too soon to call on that one. Is that #2 Blue baby a splash or just very light blue? Can't tell in the picture, really.

Baby #2 is blue - same color as baby #1 - maybe it was the lighting. Funny thing is baby #2 is 1/2 the size of both orps and has just recently started feathering. It was also the one I thought would die as it was really weak after the hatch and just laid in the corner for 1 1/2 days. I'm glad it lived - it's a sweet thing. Well I will cross my fingers that #1 blue is a pullet too. Yes, I definitely know that black baby is a cockeral - thing was born with a comb. LOL It's also the biggest baby!

In that picture, the black boy looks like his name should be "No Neck", LOL. Must be the lighting in the pics with those two blues, then. Bet that smaller baby will eventually catch up. They usually do. I've had that happen and later, can't tell which one it was.

Back
Top Bottom