Rooster but no fertile eggs

We've had him for a while now, eggs should be way fertile. He's close to a year and breeds some of my hens, but eggs have yet to become fertile. They have all been tested for salmonella etc and is negative. He is about 1/3rd smaller then my birds. Why aren't my eggs fertile yet?

Hey I wanted to give you an update. I found out that I have a second Roo! I was told he was a she. But he is most definitely a he!!!! I now also know that he's the one fertilizing the hens eggs. The bantam Roo is mating the bantam hen. And her eggs are fertilized by he. But all of the other hens fertile eggs are due to him. I'm sorry I misspoke earlier. I honestly didn't know. How is your Roo? And fertile eggs yet?

Hey I wanted to give you an update. I found out that I have a second Roo! I was told he was a she. But he is most definitely a he!!!! I now also know that he's the one fertilizing the hens eggs. The bantam Roo is mating the bantam hen. And her eggs are fertilized by he. But all of the other hens fertile eggs are due to him. I'm sorry I misspoke earlier. I honestly didn't know. How is your Roo? And fertile eggs yet?

It's ok :). He is good, I put him with some silkie hens. But fertility I'm not sure just yet. I also got a standard roo that is de crowed already.

Awesome! Keep me posted?
1f60b.png

Back
Top Bottom