Rooster flapping his wings

The wing flapping thing is posturing or trying to get attention. It's not anything to worry about unless he's trying to beat you with his wings. That's called "flogging" and that's aggressive.
This is what I was responding to. The poster stated with this and he disagreed and I agreed.

The wing flapping thing is posturing or trying to get attention. It's not anything to worry about unless he's trying to beat you with his wings. That's called "flogging" and that's aggressive.

If they waggle their heads or do what I call the "death metal growl" (it's a croaky sound like "rrrrrrooooowrrr") he's expressing annoyance or he thinks there's danger.
That makes me chuckle, Its like, "look at me, I'm big, and beautiful, aren't I"? Its a confidence thing. I have thought of it as innocent, probably all for the girls. I never thought of it as a threat.
Oh the growling, or saying there is danger. I love your description, "death metal growl" lol. Lately mine has been doing that a lot, as he is in rooster jail. He's letting me know he is unhappy there. But it has to be that way for now. We have hawks all over, he does that also, a bit differently when the hawks go over. They are so interesting!

Back
Top Bottom