Rooster mounting hens in front of us.

Well, I have read the same load of bull right here on BYC. This is my go to source for all chicken related info. If someone is asking a question about an aggressive roo... they get this dominance lesson and so on. My roos are kinda aggressive with each other, but not so much me. If one approches me and makes me uncomfortable... I just shoo him away with my hand or foot.

As for the mating thing... I seen one of my silkie roo's try to mate another silkie roo in a bid for dominance. This went on for about a week. At first I thought they were fighting... then I thought "big papa" was a "big mama". But then I realized that it was just a dominance thing. Strange that a roo would try to mate another roo though. But I just chalked it up to the fact that they were only about 9-10 months old and shaggy was just trying to shag everything that moved... like most teenagers. LOL

Quote:
And that they are just chickens. Anyone who claims to know whats really on their minds is immediately suspect.
wink.png

Thank God that hens haven't gotten the memo from NOW, that men are supposed to be kept under their thumb, and only let out of their cages, when needed.

Quote:
Royd, you really need to read a book called "Iron John; A Story About Men," by Robert Bly.
I paid $0.99 for my copy at www.alibris.com

It essentially explores and examines what you've just said. It is boggling, to say the least.

Quote:
There's a lot to be said about shagging.

"Take away sex and death, and life becomes somewhat pedestrian" - Sir Stirling Moss

Quote:
Royd, you really need to read a book called "Iron John; A Story About Men," by Robert Bly.
I paid $0.99 for my copy at www.alibris.com

It essentially explores and examines what you've just said. It is boggling, to say the least.

Thanks...I like the reviews. I'll have to try to find it, at a local used bookstore.

Back
Top Bottom