Rooster Pictures.

Quote:
I can't wait to see what kind of offspring he gives me... I have two BW pullets and 3 Wheaten pullets. I'm even looking forward to see what the designer chicks he will give me with the salmon Faverolle and the buff orpington!

Brewster "Then" (Buff Orp) - the chick on the perch
6333_roo_tail.jpg

Brewster this past summer
6333_dsci02170211.jpg

The future of my banty flock (Cockadoodle's son) (Wyandotte banty X)
6333_dsci0245.jpg

My favorite EE, Hop A Long)
6333_dsci0232.jpg

Biker Boy, I've tried to talk myself into putting him in the freezer cause he's so small but haven't suceeded in listening to myself yet!
banty, need an updated pic. I also have Brewster son's, both purebred Buff Orp and sons' x'd with RIR hen (cockerels)
need a new pic of my black Silkie Roo, named Beasley and also have a son of Cockadoodle's that is out of a GLW hen I need to take a pic of- here's Cockadoodle, he lets chicks sleep beneath him when they need a nap of warmth:
6333_picture_042.jpg

Last edited:
As a young cockerel, Brewster woke up three days in a row, ran to the fence and watched Cockadoodle the oldest banty roo, only stopped watching long enough to eat and drink something. After that, he just seemed to turn into a perfect roo, he does as Cockadoodle does when young roo's are flexing their muscles on the other side of the fence, too. They both try to avoid fights by looking the aggressor in the eye and then picking up a tiny rock and dropping it over and over. It always gets the younger roos wondering and they in turn start looking at the ground and then a conversation starts;) If and when they do feel they need to assert their authority (Cockadoodle or Brewster), its no contest at all, the other roo runs and/or flies back over the fence to their own area asap. Makes me wonder, when a young teen cockerel has the brains to get up outta bed three days straight and makes it a point to watch and learn from an older roo and shows that elder respect ever since, and then practices exactly what he saw being done, including being a great daddy roo to this past summer's first chicks. I really lucked out when I was given Cockadoodle and when Brewster came into my life as a very young chick, I ordered Buff Orps with one BO boy and one RIR boy. The RIR boy never did compare to Brewster over all points considered. Starting on that fourth day, Brewster woke up, strutted outside instead of running and his hens respected him from that point on. He's been gentle toward his hens, too, and herds them to bed just like Cockadoodle.

(Edit to include: I love roo's and this is always one of my favorite threads!)

Last edited:
This is PRINCE. He is a 7 month old bearded splash Amber Waves Silkie Roo. I named him that since his splash girlfriend's name is Princess.LOL!

35329_prince_2.jpg

35329_prince_1.jpg

I was proud of his 1st show results!!!

Back
Top Bottom