Rooster Waking You Up?

LittleYellowOne

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Harford County, Maryland
Relentless crowing waking you up at all hours of the night and morning? Well I have your remedy right here!

Relocate your rooster to a cage in your living room, and sleep in the room with him there! In a short while you'll get so used to his crowing that you won't even bat an eyelash anymore!~

Poor Blackie decided he wanted to crow six times randomly a few minutes ago, and I didn't even react~ I can sleep through the little bugger now, though he definitely used to wake me up~

lol.png

My serama roos will occ crow at 2 am, but you can set an alarm clock for 4:30am that is when they really set in. and yes I here them as they are house chickens due to me living in town and Iowa would freeze them in the winter.

Rooster crowing has never bothered me, probably since I grew up with it. Its not as bad as neighbor dogs barking constantly,lol.

After having my chickens including two roosters on our screened porch and right in front of the bedroom for the first 20 weeks of their lives, I sleep right through their crowing.

Quote:
You can say that again!!

I don't mind roosters crowing. I don't mind donkeys braying.

I cannot tolerate a dog who will bark non-stop for over an hour with no one to tell it to stop or find out what is wrong with the stoopid thing. (Even if they are home - do they tune this out??!!??)

I have two dogs - they bark when there is a reason to bark. when there is no reason to bark - well, sometimes they will give a couple of half hearted woofs, but they know better than to bark constantly.

Meri

Back
Top Bottom