Rooster wheezing

conchopearl

In the Brooder
Sep 19, 2015
I have just noticed that my 7 month old rooster is wheezing right after he crows. I don't hear it any other time.
I should say that right now I have him inside the house waiting to get a coop and pen built. (ran out of money for lumber etc.) Thank you for any info help.

Maybe its only a mild respiratory issue and not too much to worry about - he's likely to get over it.

CT

My 2-3 year old Blue Cochin cockerel does this after he crows as well, and has done it his whole life. It's nothing serious, I think they just run out of breath from crowing sometimes.
wink.png

Thank you CTKen and Kino. I love my Angel boy Cochin and didn't want to lose him. He actually isn't doing it today. Could it be a Cochin thing?

Thank you CTKen and Kino. I love my Angel boy Cochin and didn't want to lose him. He actually isn't doing it today. Could it be a Cochin thing?

I am actually convinced that it is a Cochin trait. I previously had another Cochin whom did the same thing, and died because of his age and an injured leg that finally got the best of him.
My current Cochin is doing the same thing at the moment. If there are no signs of him being ill, I believe everything is all alright!
wink.png

Then I am gooing to say e is ok. He isn't wheezing today. and running aroung the cage like always. which he did even while wheezing :) I have raised chickens before but never really thought about the health as long as they were running around and laying eggs. I guess my heart got softer in old age. lol

Back
Top Bottom