Rooster?

Ok here are some better pictures…3 of the one I think is a rooster and 1 of the for sure hen.
Yes Cockerel and a pullet.

Sexing chicks at birth is incredibly challenging. Hatcheries will usually say their sexing is 90% accurate. So when you go to those bins and they say female, there is still a chance you'll be getting a male.

A "sexlinked" chicken is one that is bred to hatch different colors for males and females for (usually) 100% sexing accuracy. An "autosexing" breed does this naturally - males will usually have a different appearance than a female. The cuckoo Marans isn't either of those.

I think a cockoo maran is an auto sexing from what I read. But thanks for confirming the cockerel for me. I have another suspected cockerel that is a silver phoenix. I think I’ve got one cockerel and one pullet. I’ll get pics soon. So if so, that’s 2 roosters. I’ll have to figure out which to get rid of.

I think a cockoo maran is an auto sexing from what I read.
hatchery quality would be considered "almost" autosexing, but are rarely sold as such. I suppose they may have been labeled as such, but it's why you ended up with a cockerel.
But thanks for confirming the cockerel for me. I have another suspected cockerel that is a silver phoenix. I think I’ve got one cockerel and one pullet. I’ll get pics soon.
Sure - send them over.

hatchery quality would be considered "almost" autosexing, but are rarely sold as such. I suppose they may have been labeled as such, but it's why you ended up with a cockerel.

Sure - send them over.
Ok here is a photo of the other one with the same coloration as the cockerel but no comb…

Attachments

• IMG_8189.jpeg
    IMG_8189.jpeg
    939.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_8191.jpeg
    IMG_8191.jpeg
    975.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom