Roosters crow.....

ASKING isn't inhumane.
smile.png
Trying to get his little noise maker cut out, now THAT is inhumane!!!! It is a shame you can't have the noise....it is a beautiful sound.
smile.png

You can't eliminate crowing altogether, though, except through surgical "decrowing" an operation that's not always successful but is expensive if you can find a veterinarian who'll do it.

Last edited:
I have 15 or so roosters less than 50 feet from my bedroom window. Every morning I listen to the songs they sing. Each one has his own special sound and it is easy to tell which is which. Seeing them try to crow for the first time is a thrill I never get tired of.

YES i know it is a very beautiful sound and i Wish i could have it, but i dont want any problems with my neighbors or else i would have bought a rooster a long time ago.........i guess i am going to just have to wait once i do move out somewhere else!

I wanted to know is there always a distinction in crows from roosters of different breeds? Do Ameracauna roosters have a different kind?

Have you actually talked to your neighbors about having a rooster? There are a lot of people who love to hear them! You might be surprised to find they would actually enjoy hearing one crow.
smile.png
My rooster has a "buddy" down the road. They crow back and forth to each other all day long.
smile.png
Makes me smile every time I hear it.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom