Roosters leg not working and breathing heavy

Featheryyards

Chirping
Jan 24, 2022
So my bantam rooster has recently gotten injured. Bit backstory, about a week ago I went to pick up my chickens, noticed he was limping and thought he had either stepped on a rock or maybe got his foot caught and hurt it so I brought him inside and tried letting him rest it off, he wasn’t getting any better so I tried taking him to the vet where they basically told me nothing (their words “so we did a radiograph and he doesn’t have any fractures or broken bones but we don’t know what’s causing the pain. Just let him rest and make sure he eats and drinks”) gave me some meds for him and sent me back home. A few days later (present time) he is still not moving it, it doesn’t react to touch and his crown is almost a pale red color, his face looks pale and swollen and his breathing is heavy and he sometimes opens his mouth to breath like he can’t catch his breath. It has me truly worried and I would appreciate any help I can get on what might be wrong and if there is anything I can do to help him.

Hi. Did you call your vet back? What meds are you giving him? How old is he?
The meds were 1mg meloxicam for 3 days. I tried calling the vet back and I just keep getting “user busy” so im still trying to tell them. Today his other leg started doing the same. He can still move his toes but he can’t stand on his own anymore. We don’t know how old he is but I can only guess he is up there in age since he looks a lot more mature than his son who is about a year and a half

Back
Top Bottom