Roosters limping, skew bone between legs.

GhettoRoo

Songster
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Hello everybody. So, I had one rooster which limps for about 2-3 weeks,
i notice that the bone under him whick comes from between the legs on the side of tail, is
like with a V time of crack and then turn 22.5 grades on one side.

Another rooster before 3 days tried to fight him, and today he was limping even worse, by himself.

You know, chickens have the bone under them like straight from breast to tail,
others have it flat, these two doesnt, but as I notice another rooster similar type, but which isnt limping,
could it by by D vitamin or of lack of calcium?

I guess the rooster fight could take the last D vitamins out of them and screw that bone.

Im waiting answer immidiately. These ar my love roosters, but I could not keep them if they are going to to keep limping, cause I have young roosters which try to take over them.

Thanks. Best wishes.

I am not sure what you mean by "screw that bone".......

Or "others have it flat"........

But, if your are talking about their breast bones, you really should not be able to feel their breast bone. Breast bones should be covered by meat.

http://windward.hawaii.edu/people/brian_richardson/chickens/skeleton.html

Look at this page, and tell us where the problem bone is.

Some photos or a video would also be helpful.

In the absence of any specific information, you could try giving the roosters some sort of multivitamin or tonic. I don't know what you can get hold of in Latvia. If your rooster has a bone injury, there's not much you can do about it beyond keeping him away from other roosters until he heals up a bit.

What do you feed them? Calcium deficiency is unlikely in male chickens (no eggs...), but perhaps something else is missing.

Back
Top Bottom