Rose Comb Legbar Thread

Pics
I figure I should start a new thread finally for this project. I started working on a rose combed version of the cream legbar because I live in Northeastern Washington where we get to -30 in winter and over 100 in the summer. The single combed birds never do very well in this climate but rose combed birds always do. A couple of the added benefits of my project are that I have increased production and also gotten more of a clean blue egg compared to my original legbars. I prefer the look of the light brown color of legbar (or gold as some call it) but I also have cream birds in the flock. This is the first year that I have them good enough to finally breed rose comb x rose comb.

I know there is one other breeder working on them for sure, not sure if anyone else is but thought I'd start a thread for them since there has been lots of interest lately.
I ended up here because our first hatch out from our Legbar breeders have produced a cockerel that has what looks like a 3 single combs on one base....so I'm wondering if this is a type of rose comb mutation that we should keep in our program...... I'll get a picture. We live in Northeastern Ontario so I had thought it would be nice if we could have a rose on our Legbar.....hope its happened.

Here is what I'm assuming is a rose comb mutation? His brothers did not have one.

Attachments

• PXL_20230727_204138994.jpg
    PXL_20230727_204138994.jpg
    472.1 KB · Views: 3
  • PXL_20230727_204201344.jpg
    PXL_20230727_204201344.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom