Rosecomb Thread

Pics
Quote:
Hannah, she did turn out nice! Congrats. She had that nice valley as a chick... one of those you knew would be a good girl
wink.png

I think this is my boy http://www.negapfa.com/open_show_2010.html from Leslie... isn't it?

I'm pretty sure that is your boy Erin! Handsome as always! Hopefully by crossing Bluebelle onto my splash male I can help clean up the offsprings uneven color towards the tail and improve on the lacing
smile.png
Going to fireup my incubator this Saturday which will be fun.

oh yeah! That splash male is gorgeous.. if I only had the room. Theoretically, your blacks to splash give you the best blues though... right?

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that is the combo that gives the best blues, but since Bluebelle is a bully and beats everyone up, she will be going with Joshua for a pair breeding
smile.png
My black boys will cover the black girls
smile.png
Besides I'd like some more splash, their so pretty!

A couple of weeks ago, I bought a pair of Black Rosecomb Bantams at a swap meet. She's been laying eggs about every day and a half since then. They're in Coventry at the moment, until I'm sure they're disease free and until the larger henhouse is done. The roo has a big crow for such a little guy!

56682_100_1851.jpg

56682_100_1850.jpg

They can be flightly if never messed with. I don't mess with mine often.. maybe a few times here and there to check for mites or whatever and to give 'em a little looking over to judge quality and that little bit of messin with creates a pretty relaxed bird. My young girls I haven't had a chance to handle will scream like a little kid if you grab them.. while I can just about bend over and pick one my more seasoned girls up off the ground without much of a fuss. They're so neat to watch peckin around... I'll have to upload some new pics of this years breeders. I've got some cuties

Cattitude, welcome to the club
frow.gif

Hannah, my first few rosecomb hatches were disasters. What I do now is incubate hot.. like 100.5-101 and with low humidity.. like 30% then, at hatch time I crank up the humidity til condensation form on the glass and drop the temp to 99.

Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom