Rotating owls

I honestly don't know why I don't have Eagle and Hawk issues as I'm on a river and both are for sure around. Possibly it's harder for them to just fly in due to thick tree canopy where my coop is. I do have a fake Hawk and a fake Owl as well as a fake Rooster on the corners of my run. Do they work? I don't know. So far so good though. I've lost 1 chicken to a predator and I think it was Racoon, in 20years. Point is, it certainly can't hurt to put out the fakes....

I honestly don't know why I don't have Eagle and Hawk issues as I'm on a river and both are for sure around. Possibly it's harder for them to just fly in due to thick tree canopy where my coop is. I do have a fake Hawk and a fake Owl as well as a fake Rooster on the corners of my run. Do they work? I don't know. So far so good though. I've lost 1 chicken to a predator and I think it was Racoon, in 20years. Point is, it certainly can't hurt to put out the fakes....
Could you show a picture of how they work? I'm not inclined to automatically discount the approach can work.

Could you show a picture of how they work? I'm not inclined to automatically discount the approach can work.
Kind of hard to see but you can get the idea.... Fake Eagle back of coop, fake Rooster front and then I have a metal rooster on a corner post of my chain link Run, which is too big to get it all in one photo and a fake owl in another corner. IDK if they help or not but so far so good when it comes to Predators prevention.

fake.PNG

Back
Top Bottom