1acrebackyard

Chirping
May 15, 2018
Ennis, TX
IMG_6457.PNG
IMG_6453.PNG
IMG_6454.jpg
IMG_6455.PNG
Can you help me figure out if our duck is a Rouen? 'He' is around 2.5-3 months old. I do see a slight blue hue coming in where the black and white feathers are growing in. Unfortunately I have not been able to capture in a picture.
I say 'he' because our Pekin has the true duck 'honk'. And he's more raspy and quieter. Is it late enough to know he is a drake?
Thank you in advance for your help!

Attachments

• IMG_6456.PNG
    IMG_6456.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
By this age you should be able to tell by the voice, so if he's raspy and quiet he's likely a drake :)

Also, it looks like he might have the start of angel wing going on there, so you will probably want to address that.

By this age you should be able to tell by the voice, so if he's raspy and quiet he's likely a drake :)

Also, it looks like he might have the start of angel wing going on there, so you will probably want to address that.
Thank you.
What is an angel wing? He only has them out like that while swimming. I take it that's not normal? I'm very new to ducks.

Thank you.
What is an angel wing? He only has them out like that while swimming. I take it that's not normal? I'm very new to ducks.

Angel wing is a condition in which the last joint of the wing twists out and causes the feathers to grow out and away from the body. It can be corrected by wrapping the wing. He holds his wings normally when not in the water?

Angel wing is a condition in which the last joint of the wing twists out and causes the feathers to grow out and away from the body. It can be corrected by wrapping the wing. He holds his wings normally when not in the water?
Yes he does. It's sort of hard to see in this pic. You can see where he's still feathering and wings are normal looking.

Attachments

• IMG_6458.PNG
    IMG_6458.PNG
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
I'd just keep an eye on it then :) Could just be the weight of the new feathers pulling the wing a little out of position.

Back
Top Bottom