Rouen Duck thread

Pics

ducklover87

Songster
7 Years
Aug 7, 2012
I figured since there's always a bunch of Rouen questions I'd make a thread specifically for them. Besides it seems like one of the few breeds that doesn't have its own thread. I figured this would be a great way for us to share our experiences and help each other out with any questions we might have regarding them. I'd post pics but with 19 ducks running around its hard to get just pics of them.

Last edited:
ya.gif
a Rouen duck thread!!! I'm glad you decided to start one!

I may be duck dumb....lol but if i have male and female will i get a duck egg? Do i have to feed something special?
How soon will they mate? Or are they just good pets???
You're not a dumb dumb - a lot of ppl make the misconception that hens need a male in order to lay an egg.
Think about your own body, you lay an egg once a month regardless if you have a male counterpart or not... the male just helps turn it into a baby - same with ducks/chickens only they lay one daily for awhile. :)

So my babies are turning 11 weeks old on Sunday. They grow up so quick and are looking very raggy while molting into their adult feathers. It seems they should be almost done by now. Can't wait to post pics after their transformation lol. I'm hoping someone else will come along so I'm not just posting to myself lol.

Back
Top Bottom