Rouen Duck thread

My Rouen Freddie is a lot smaller than my other Rouen Gibby, why is this? Maybe Gibby is double muscled? Is there another breed that looks like rouens? (Beside mallards, I have 7 mallards they're way smaller and different shaped) I'm not to sure where the ducks came from, I know I ordered them from a local poultry store, but they messed up my order.

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me the easiest way to tell the difference between rouen eggs, pekin eggs and muscovy eggs. Thank you

Can anyone please tell me the easiest way to tell the difference between rouen eggs, pekin eggs and muscovy eggs. Thank you

I have Pekin & Rouen girls and I often can't tell the difference between their eggs. Sorry I'm no help. Just wanted to say hello and welcome to BYC.
big_smile.png

Hmmmm I pretty sure my pekins lay bigger eggs than my rouens, but I have jumbo pekins. My Muscovy, lays grayish eggs, so there's a difference

I was in the feed store on Monday and was told someone ordered these little ones then decided not to get them so I of course had to bring them home. The guy at the feed store said he thinks they are 2 Rouen and 1 Muscovy, just wondering if anyone can tell me if he was right.

I was in the feed store on Monday and was told someone ordered these little ones then decided not to get them so I of course had to bring them home. The guy at the feed store said he thinks they are 2 Rouen and 1 Muscovy, just wondering if anyone can tell me if he was right.
Here is a picture of my purebred Rouen duckling, Freddie
Yours aren't pure Rouens, they may be a cross of a Rouen and khaki, my khaki x Rouen mixes looked a bit like that

So in my travels of picking out what breeds to add to our flock this year i researched Cayugas, Muscovies, Swedish, Runners, and Pekins to see who would do best with our Rouen hen. While reading about Rouens it says they are terrible egg layers and will max out below 100 eggs a year. Our girl started laying this spring before the chickens and has proceeded to lay an egg a day since early February. Last year was the same way with 4-6 eggs a week. Do we just have a rare specimen or are the documented facts about this bird that far off?

Back
Top Bottom