Britt781

Chirping
Jun 2, 2023
Hello, I saw the post about the call ducks hatching earlier than what the person thought, but I wanted to see what anyone thinks I should do with my Rouen eggs. This is my first time hatching, a whirlwind decision I made after a fox got 3 of my 5 ducks a few weeks ago. So I took all of the eggs I had left from them and bought an incubator. I have 18 eggs total and I have now seen 3 or 4 of them moving today - Day 20. They were kind of rocking back and forth. I was planning to lockdown on Day 25, but now I'm not sure what to do. Should I go ahead and take out the egg turner? Increase humidity? Their air sacks have been progressing pretty on target to the charts I've seen. Temperature is at 99.5 and humidity at 52%. I hate to make the wrong decision and hurt any of them! Advice would be so very appreciated!!

Hello, I saw the post about the call ducks hatching earlier than what the person thought, but I wanted to see what anyone thinks I should do with my Rouen eggs. This is my first time hatching, a whirlwind decision I made after a fox got 3 of my 5 ducks a few weeks ago. So I took all of the eggs I had left from them and bought an incubator. I have 18 eggs total and I have now seen 3 or 4 of them moving today - Day 20. They were kind of rocking back and forth. I was planning to lockdown on Day 25, but now I'm not sure what to do. Should I go ahead and take out the egg turner? Increase humidity? Their air sacks have been progressing pretty on target to the charts I've seen. Temperature is at 99.5 and humidity at 52%. I hate to make the wrong decision and hurt any of them! Advice would be so very appreciated!!
Sometimes they rock early but aren’t ready for lockdown
I look for 3 signs
Egg rocking , shadowing along the lower part of air cell
Top of air cell only a little space to see in
Also the top will dip forward really fast
Can you take some pics of candling
Day 20 I wouldn’t think they would be ready for lockdown but one never really knows

Sometimes they rock early but aren’t ready for lockdown
I look for 3 signs
Egg rocking , shadowing along the lower part of air cell
Top of air cell only a little space to see in
Also the top will dip forward really fast
Can you take some pics of candling
Day 20 I wouldn’t think they would be ready for lockdown but one never really knows

Just saw these replies! I went ahead and kept everything the same for today and just candled a couple that I saw moving the most. Here is a picture, I couldn't see much of anything with the light held at the bottom/pointy end so I tried a few different angles. Some of the eggs' air cells are just a little smaller than this one. Thank you for responding!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230604-002430.png
    Screenshot_20230604-002430.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
Just saw these replies! I went ahead and kept everything the same for today and just candled a couple that I saw moving the most. Here is a picture, I couldn't see much of anything with the light held at the bottom/pointy end so I tried a few different angles. Some of the eggs' air cells are just a little smaller than this one. Thank you for responding!
They look good for the age but not ready yet
When you can still see that much liquid they still have a little to shed out
I would keep the humidity at 40-45% until you see them pushing into the air cell
Will look like shadowing along the lower part and the top part will dip forward towards the pointy end
Yoy will only be able to see in a little near the top of the air cell but the lower part will all be dark and pushing on the membrane

Back
Top Bottom