They look good for the age but not ready yet
When you can still see that much liquid they still have a little to shed out
I would keep the humidity at 40-45% until you see them pushing into the air cell
Will look like shadowing along the lower part and the top part will dip forward towards the pointy end
Yoy will only be able to see in a little near the top of the air cell but the lower part will all be dark and pushing on the membrane

Ok, thank you so much! That makes me feel better.

They look good for the age but not ready yet
When you can still see that much liquid they still have a little to shed out
I would keep the humidity at 40-45% until you see them pushing into the air cell
Will look like shadowing along the lower part and the top part will dip forward towards the pointy end
Yoy will only be able to see in a little near the top of the air cell but the lower part will all be dark and pushing on the membrane

I was doing a quick check of the eggs late last night and I saw one egg where it looked like there was some slight pushing against the air cell. Almost like a little flutter motion that just barely made the line of the air cell bend a bit is the best way I can describe it. And several eggs have been rocking/moving, so I went ahead and took the egg turner out. I hope that was the right move, I figured better safe than sorry maybe until I could see what anyone thought? I did keep the humidity the same though, it's hovering at about 47% right now. On day 23 now.

I was doing a quick check of the eggs late last night and I saw one egg where it looked like there was some slight pushing against the air cell. Almost like a little flutter motion that just barely made the line of the air cell bend a bit is the best way I can describe it. And several eggs have been rocking/moving, so I went ahead and took the egg turner out. I hope that was the right move, I figured better safe than sorry maybe until I could see what anyone thought? I did keep the humidity the same though, it's hovering at about 47% right now. On day 23 now.
@New duck mommy 2021

I was doing a quick check of the eggs late last night and I saw one egg where it looked like there was some slight pushing against the air cell. Almost like a little flutter motion that just barely made the line of the air cell bend a bit is the best way I can describe it. And several eggs have been rocking/moving, so I went ahead and took the egg turner out. I hope that was the right move, I figured better safe than sorry maybe until I could see what anyone thought? I did keep the humidity the same though, it's hovering at about 47% right now. On day 23
Day 26 Update - A couple of definite internal pips this morning, I can hear a couple of them peeping! A couple seem just slightly behind air cell size wise still, but I went ahead and started to increase humidity and am at 60% now. Anything I should do differently?
That just means some have not had air cell drop yet
It should be fine to up humidity they should internal soon then the air cell will dip and be bigger

That just means some have not had air cell drop yet
It should be fine to up humidity they should internal soon then the air cell will dip and be bigger

Day 27 - Six have now externally pipped from last night through today so far. Humidity was dropping this morning to 59% so I added a little bit of water to where it was at 64% and now it has randomly quickly gone up to 67% out of the blue this afternoon. There's a roughly silver dollar size area of condensation in one spot along where the lid closes. Vent is all the way open so not sure how to bring humidity back down a little? It's a Nurture Right 360. Trying not to be one of those over worriers, but I would hate to mess anything up right at the end now! Lol

Day 27 - Six have now externally pipped from last night through today so far. Humidity was dropping this morning to 59% so I added a little bit of water to where it was at 64% and now it has randomly quickly gone up to 67% out of the blue this afternoon. There's a roughly silver dollar size area of condensation in one spot along where the lid closes. Vent is all the way open so not sure how to bring humidity back down a little? It's a Nurture Right 360. Trying not to be one of those over worriers, but I would hate to mess anything up right at the end now! Lol
Because they have external pips I wouldn’t worry
Better up then down at this stage
Mine is at 70-75 as they hatch it goes higher and hasn’t caused me any losses
How many left to external yet ?

There's 12 more eggs in there, but I'm 90% sure that 3 of them quit right before lockdown. I left them in just in case.

@New duck mommy 2021 First baby hatched perfectly this morning. Second one just hatched about 15 minutes ago but it appears as if it still has the yolk and umbilical cord attached and exposed. The first baby is walking over it. A quick search shows some people suggesting putting the baby in a small bowl inside the incubator to let it keep absorbing it? Nervous to open the incubator up at all, but thinking I have to do something. 11 eggs with external pips still.

After searching again on here, maybe it's not the yolk? It's grayish goo looking and at the end of the cord.

Attachments

• PXL_20230610_184900150.jpg
    PXL_20230610_184900150.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom