ROYAL PALM TURKEY EXPERTS NEEDED---BOY OR GIRL?****ADDED NEW PICS****

ok, I was reading up and read somewhere that sometimes hens will strut??!!
I would think by now the tom would look like a tom?
I would rather have 2 hens than 2 toms, cause DH would be happier to keep 2 hens and get more to get a tom!

If they are 8 months old in those pictures they are both hens. Hens will fan their tail feathers like that when spooked or uncomfortable with a situation. Hens can strut like a tom but not for very long. At 8 months if one was a tom you would have had heard at least one gobble by now. But in them pics you have hens.

They look like hens to me, my hen struts areound my hubby so thats normal too
smile.png

Yep, Harp Turkey said it.
They skin on the head porobably looks similar (redder, some blueing on head) to a tom's because of the lack of a male.

Quote:
I have 5 extra jakes strutting around here.. all their tail feathers are broken and scragelly from sparring.. I am selling them.
cheap. they all were hatched in late Nov. (long story)
I have never shipped a live bird.
I have no idea how much it costs..

Quote:
I have 5 extra jakes strutting around here.. all their tail feathers are broken and scragelly from sparring.. I am selling them.

too bad you don't live closer! I know where you live! My mom was born in white lake, and my brother lives in green bay. I could try to get my brother to bring me a turkey but I am afraid his wife would say a big NO!!!

Quote:

too bad you don't live closer! I know where you live! My mom was born in white lake, and my brother lives in green bay. I could try to get my brother to bring me a turkey but I am afraid his wife would say a big NO!!!

My wife's mother was born in White Lake

95 years ago. their house is still standing.. just across the field from the churches..

If you ever come up to wisc, check in with me.. I should have a ton of turkeys hatching and we have relatives in Green Bay and the area over there.. maybe we can connect..

..jiminwisc.......

Quote:

My wife's mother was born in White Lake

95 years ago. their house is still standing.. just across the field from the churches..

If you ever come up to wisc, check in with me.. I should have a ton of turkeys hatching and we have relatives in Green Bay and the area over there.. maybe we can connect..

..jiminwisc.......

white lake isn't that big! my mom and grandma are buried in white lake, my mom (and grandma) were Lamberts. my moms best friend was eileen Dehart, who died in a car accident, her dad and mom were Acie Dehart and Ivy. Other family are whitts. orin whitt.

thats pretty cool. I haven't been up there in a few years.
I took my husband up there a few years ago, and to the cemetary where all my relatives are buried, and the headstones are of the Hatfields. My grandma's side.

Back
Top Bottom