Rubbery bits in poop Sick Chicken "Lash Egg"

Jan 17, 2023
Sorry long post and I'm sure it's been covered and I've read and learnt a lot here... not good at social media don't know why it says chirping either! In the last many months i lost one quail and one chicken my birds are usually very healthy organic everything free range clean coops water etc lots of love it started with rubbery bits in poop off feed fluffed up lethargy etc you know the drill we lost her and were heartbroken because we failed this little creature in our care. Everything was going along fine then wallop another bird got same symptoms off feed and drinks ... so onto espom baths and herbal tonic ASAP feed bitter greens after bath immediate improvement hand feed herbal mixture and into drinker end of day 1 like normal kept watching next day same treatment basically normal but her bottom end is looking red raw and a found rubbery bit in poop in coup... this is Australia so in spring now they are pooping but not laying hyaline browns grateful for any helpful thought or comments please no need to be rude thank you in advance 😊 she's around two years old.

Attachments

• 20231009_100124.jpg
    20231009_100124.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Thank you so much ugg my hubby threw it away. I will read up on this !! Thank you so much for the reply. Our previous hen went from healthy to doing this and we lost her. I have been feeding them all a herbal tonic from the hand and she still seems normal but i wanted to learn more of why it's happening ...so again thank you 😊 we did have extreme weather flux here 42 oC back down to 6 oC and i find they get unwell after that heat stress here in Australia.

Queensland 😊 thank you for that info I'm reading about it now... I'm hoping 😂 they will genetically revert 😂 they've been broody a couple moulted they are lovely birds good natures weren't our choice the organic farm near us was forced to shut during lock downs i didnt want them culled so finished up with 6 when we had none 😱💖

Queensland 😊 thank you for that info I'm reading about it now... I'm hoping 😂 they will genetically revert 😂 they've been broody a couple moulted they are lovely birds good natures weren't our choice the organic farm near us was forced to shut during lock downs i didnt want them culled so finished up with 6 when we had none 😱💖

Unfortunately once they start passing the lash material they can deteriorate and pass very quickly.

I have a hen who is of the Hy-line/ISA brown variety. She is about 2 years 2 months old. Recently she laid a lash egg and became very ill. Prior to this she had a history of eggs with stress lines and soft shelled eggs.

If you have access to a vet, treatment is a course of Amoxyclav antibiotic, Meloxicam anti-inflammatory and the contraceptive implant. If you see a regular vet they have to order it in and you’re looking at $500-600.
If you can see an avian/exotic vet they often have it on hand and may be cheaper ~$150-200.

My hen who laid the lash egg has recovered completely with this treatment and I also put her sister on the implant to prevent the same in her, as she also had a history of abnormal eggs.

Unfortunately once they start passing the lash material they can deteriorate and pass very quickly.

I have a hen who is of the Hy-line/ISA brown variety. She is about 2 years 2 months old. Recently she laid a lash egg and became very ill. Prior to this she had a history of eggs with stress lines and soft shelled eggs.

If you have access to a vet, treatment is a course of Amoxyclav antibiotic, Meloxicam anti-inflammatory and the contraceptive implant. If you see a regular vet they have to order it in and you’re looking at $500-600.
If you can see an avian/exotic vet they often have it on hand and may be cheaper ~$150-200.

My hen who laid the lash egg has recovered completely with this treatment and I also put her sister on the implant to prevent the same in her, as she also had a history of abnormal eggs.
Yes i initally went through that will these girls got them cured and lating again but i didnt know what it was "lash eggs" i kept searching here but nothing was coming up. This time i pounced as soon as we saw the same symptoms! After the first soak in Epsom Salts two birds passed strange poops asap i let them down after the towel dry. I put comfrey cream on mucky bottom area. Then gave a herbal tonic eyedropper full 3 or 5 times the first day drank from my hand... by that night she was scratching eating and drinking normally BUT she got the same treatment the next day ... she's back to normall and I'm still doesing with herbs... they drink ACV in water another drinker has garlic in water another has epsom salts last is a mix of cayenne and turmeric in water they drink from all throughout the day. ... I'm a trained scientist and cured my own cancer with diet and nutrition only ... but am not allow to say about it heavily banned 😢 but i treat birds the same now. All good i am expecting them to heal and lay again she was my best layer her name is Corvette after the car 😂 she's pretty sleek looking 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-09-16-41-44.png
    Screenshot_2023-10-09-16-41-44.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
Oh wow well if it’s worked in the past hopefully the one who is currently unwell won’t deteriorate further. I’ve read good things about oil of oregano, too.

Salpingitis often recurs so I suppose be prepared for that, you’ll need to pay close attention to their presentation so you can act as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed for you and all your ladies, it seems like you care for them very well :)

Oh wow well if it’s worked in the past hopefully the one who is currently unwell won’t deteriorate further. I’ve read good things about oil of oregano, too.

Salpingitis often recurs so I suppose be prepared for that, you’ll need to pay close attention to their presentation so you can act as soon as possible.

Fingers crossed for you and all your ladies, it seems like you care for them very well :)
Thank you and same with your ladies 😙 i see you're Melbourne 😊💕

Yes i initally went through that will these girls got them cured and lating again but i didnt know what it was "lash eggs" i kept searching here but nothing was coming up. This time i pounced as soon as we saw the same symptoms! After the first soak in Epsom Salts two birds passed strange poops asap i let them down after the towel dry. I put comfrey cream on mucky bottom area. Then gave a herbal tonic eyedropper full 3 or 5 times the first day drank from my hand... by that night she was scratching eating and drinking normally BUT she got the same treatment the next day ... she's back to normall and I'm still doesing with herbs... they drink ACV in water another drinker has garlic in water another has epsom salts last is a mix of cayenne and turmeric in water they drink from all throughout the day. ... I'm a trained scientist and cured my own cancer with diet and nutrition only ... but am not allow to say about it heavily banned 😢 but i treat birds the same now. All good i am expecting them to heal and lay again she was my best layer her name is Corvette after the car 😂 she's pretty sleek looking 😂
What type of cancer did you have?

Back
Top Bottom