Rules for The Coop that the books don't tell you. My experience as a newbie.

Or have the attack of the Pseudo Mites…When my gals started losing bum feathers, I was so convinced they had mites - they got dusted, entire coop and run got treated. Never saw mites, but was so convinced it had to be pests. Turned out just feather picking and the solution was to more than double the run size.

I thought they would freak out with building onto their home, but after the first day they watched with intent interest, inspecting every step of the build. When all was finished and we opened up the two sections, the ran in and explored. I am convinced the gals knew this was all for them.
I am going through the same thing right now! Our run is a pretty decent size so I guess I've got to make them some toys and maybe add a jungle gym to the run. For now, they are free ranging all day! It has seemed to help some so far!!!!

I am going through the same thing right now! Our run is a pretty decent size so I guess I've got to make them some toys and maybe add a jungle gym to the run. For now, they are free ranging all day! It has seemed to help some so far!!!!
Free ranging let's them spread out hunting for interesting things…wish I had that option.

Free ranging let's them spread out hunting for interesting things…wish I had that option.

I wish they understood that. Most of them stay right around the perimeter of the coop and run! I have noticed that the ones who roam the most are my buffs. They stay in a group and venture off. I wonder why that is.

I let mine out of the run a couple times a day when I'm messing around outside. We have a big area with plastic netting fence around it where they can wander at will. One of the RSL girls is the first one out and the last one to come back in...she likes to pretend she's deaf so most the time I have to pick her up and carry her back to the run. Stinker.

Is anyone else having the problem I do - every few posts when I want to "Like" one the Like function doesn't work, after a few tries, I give up and move on. But it is really annoying especially when some post really deserves to be liked. :rant

Mine are their most clever when I am in the biggest hurry. "How did she get out?" is a frequent refrain.

Back
Top Bottom