*~*Runner Duck Club*~*

Are you leaving NM or just moving into another part of NM?
It's nice to think about what you want to do once moved. Gives you a goal. ;)
Yes, we want to move to northern NM, close to the CO border. We are south central right now. Poultry are definitely on the "must consider before buying" list. :lol:

I think of NM as desert is there also areas of trees. Never been farther west than Knoxville TN. lol
Actually quite a bit of the state is mountainous, only the most southern half is desert. The Eastern Plains are pretty dry too. We don't have the heat like Arizona nor the cactus. Right now we are up in the mountains at 7,000 ft. Ponderosa Pine, Pinon and Juniper trees. The drought here has hit us so hard, trees are dying, wildlife is disappearing, it's pretty sad. We want to head north where it's wetter, mountains are more healthy, and of course get closer to civilization. We have enjoyed our total isolation out here for almost 30 years, but we are truly in the middle of no where here. :lol: We are in our 60's now, it's time to move while we can. :p

20200126_162617.jpg
20200126_162502.jpg
20200126_162613.jpg
20200126_162442.jpg
20200126_162424.jpg

Not everyone is so happy about being separated
By the end of this year if everything goes to plan I'll have my trio of saxony Indian runners 2 trios of trout Indian runners and I'm hoping to get a pair or trio of black and maybe iill get another colour but I'm still deciding on a 4th colour

Hey folks been off for a while. I raise Grey Runners from Holderreads stock and show in the SE show in Ga. each year. I got 2 females last year from a excellent show stock and bred them a lot to my best boys. Well, I have a female that is so light, and colored like maybe a female Silver Appleyard, she is creamy white instead ob brown base coat , has eyestripes... or maybe she is a trout? I will get a photo...

Hey folks been off for a while. I raise Grey Runners from Holderreads stock and show in the SE show in Ga. each year. I got 2 females last year from a excellent show stock and bred them a lot to my best boys. Well, I have a female that is so light, and colored like maybe a female Silver Appleyard, she is creamy white instead ob brown base coat , has eyestripes... or maybe she is a trout? I will get a photo...
DSC00245.JPG

Like this? This girl is a blue trout. Two genes for li (trout) and one blue gene.

Back
Top Bottom