Runner/Pekin Crosses - Color?

Thank you! I think that one is a duck - she's pretty loud, but none have shown drake feathers yet.
1f601.png
Oh okay. Any idea on how many are ducks and how many drakes?

In the US, fawn and white runners have blue genes. Specifically, they are dark phase dusky with sex link brown and homozygous blue. So that's likely where the blue came from. If you bred one of these boys back to his mum or other fawn and white runners, you could get all sorts of very interesting colors.

In the US, fawn and white runners have blue genes. Specifically, they are dark phase dusky with sex link brown and homozygous blue. So that's likely where the blue came from. If you bred one of these boys back to his mum or other fawn and white runners, you could get all sorts of very interesting colors.
Interesting - that definitely makes sense. Only the drakes show the brown coloration; all ducks are just white/blue. Thanks for the info!

LOL - it would sure be a lot more useful if the color difference manifested earlier! I've been hoping to get some eggs from this group so I can hatch them...will post an update if/when I do. 

I'm excited to see what you get from them! You will have so many different colors! :D

Back
Top Bottom