Runny nose in adult duck?

Duck eggs. Temp is 99.5. They are in a carton being shifted slightly 3 times a day. humidity 40. Will they all die?

OK, only shift them once a day, you have to let that air cell set. Once you see growth, then you can proceed to turn them more. But for right now, keep them still as still as possible. They are not going to stick to the side of the shell with just one shift per day...

Humidity should be low, I have always kept mine at 20%.. What ever you decide keep it at that. If you decide 35 or 40 Keep it at that rate for the entire period, it's when you change it that they will get sticky... so whatever you start them out as, keep it at that...

In 7 days you should see growth if you don't, don't be to disappointed because deattachable air cells is a HUGE challenge. Are you sure they are deattached and NOT just loose?

The different between the two is a Deattached air cell will move around throughout the entire egg, as your rolling the egg you'll see this bubble like following you. Loose is when the air cell looks like it's moving but it ONLY stays at the Top or at the larger end of the shell it doesn't move about throughout the entire shell.

Another words if you have a deattached air cell and you flip the egg upside down the air cell will flip with you but a loose air cell will still stay at the larger end.

Hope that makes sense.....

OK, only shift them once a day, you have to let that air cell set. Once you see growth, then you can proceed to turn them more. But for right now, keep them still as still as possible. They are not going to stick to the side of the shell with just one shift per day...

Humidity should be low, I have always kept mine at 20%.. What ever you decide keep it at that. If you decide 35 or 40 Keep it at that rate for the entire period, it's when you change it that they will get sticky... so whatever you start them out as, keep it at that...

In 7 days you should see growth if you don't, don't be to disappointed because deattachable air cells is a HUGE challenge. Are you sure they are deattached and NOT just loose?

The different between the two is a Deattached air cell will move around throughout the entire egg, as your rolling the egg you'll see this bubble like following you. Loose is when the air cell looks like it's moving but it ONLY stays at the Top or at the larger end of the shell it doesn't move about throughout the entire shell.

Another words if you have a deattached air cell and you flip the egg upside down the air cell will flip with you but a loose air cell will still stay at the larger end.

Hope that makes sense.....
They are deattached. Is there any chance of them attaching later?

They are detached. Is there any chance of them attaching later?

They could but the problem is getting them to develop. If they can develop GREAT as they grow it will have NO choice but to stick. I have had very little luck on getting a detached air cell to grow. It's hard. I was successful Twice and I've been doing this for a while.. LOL

When they are detached that means they have had a Rough ride and or poorly packaged usually the damage is already done. But chances are NOT completely over... You may want to let the seller know what's going on. Double boxing the eggs will HELP tremendously to avoid detached air cells...

Most of the time it depends on where they are coming from, If you live in New York and your eggs are traveling from California, it's best to let them set for 3 days or soo. If you Live in New York and the eggs are coming from Ohio, putting the eggs in the bator after 8 hours is the best choice.

So It's all depends on the traveling time and how they are packed..

Also, I am the one emailing you. Should I candle them again to triple check if they are deatatched?

ARE YOU? hahahahhaa I was just thinking WOW two people with the SAME problem hahahhahahhaha That's funny, your trying to mess with me aren't you. hahahhha

I would the best way is to hold the egg on it's side while candling, roll the egg and see if that Air cell is at the top and folloiws you, if it doesn't then it's not deatached... It's just loose and chances are MUCH MUCH better of developing..

They could but the problem is getting them to develop. If they can develop GREAT as they grow it will have NO choice but to stick. I have had very little luck on getting a detached air cell to grow. It's hard. I was successful Twice and I've been doing this for a while.. LOL

When they are detached that means they have had a Rough ride and or poorly packaged usually the damage is already done. But chances are NOT completely over... You may want to let the seller know what's going on. Double boxing the eggs will HELP tremendously to avoid detached air cells...

Most of the time it depends on where they are coming from, If you live in New York and your eggs are traveling from California, it's best to let them set for 3 days or soo. If you Live in New York and the eggs are coming from Ohio, putting the eggs in the bator after 8 hours is the best choice.

So It's all depends on the traveling time and how they are packed..
They came from California to florida. Metzer farms. I let the sit for 24 hours. Is that bad? I just really want them to be ok because ive been planning this for a long time.

They came from California to florida. Metzer farms. I let the sit for 24 hours. Is that bad? I just really want them to be ok because ive been planning this for a long time.

OH BOY, that means they had to go through PA, and I can tell you as a seller myself, PA is the WORST. They could careless about any of the boxes..

Well lets start with the basic, give them all a candling and again lay them on there side and roll the egg very slowly see if that air cell follows you. Mark on the egg L for Loose and D for Deatached. Lets narrow it down first. They all might just be loose and that would be a bonus. Once you have figured that part out, set them with the large end up and shift them slightly Once a day..

Back
Top Bottom