runny poo

scootermom

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jan 19, 2009
Rancho Cucamonga
My healthy, active four week old chicks still have runny, butterscotch colored poop, altho there is also plenty of the solid "earthworm" looking stuff in the brooder also. Is that anything to worry about? Just asking because they also sneeze once in a while and one is growing a little less than the others, but she is perky and active as the others. If they were my kids I wouldn't even blink, just tell them to eat a banana! But with these chicks it's all new to me!

Quote:
Sounds like cecal poo to me. As far as the sneezing goes, that can be a cause for concern, but it's likely just from the dust/dander in the brooder. As long as you're not seeing blood in the droppings and they are active and otherwise healthy looking I don't think you need to worry. Here's a link to the infamous "poo page" for future reference.

http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

That poo you described is totally normal......it is called cecal droppings.....so not to worry! (it is kinda gross though....)
smile.png

Dang! another thing to vex over. Ours came from the breeder making earthworm looking droppings but now their droppings look like Cheerios after they've been in the milk too long. Wetter, brownish, and grainy. I thought it was just because of the change in feed.

Am I supposed to be worried about this too?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom