Runny poop, lethargic

N8Yoder

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 30, 2015
Hi All - I have a golden wyandotte who is lethargic, stays off to herself and I can tell is not feeling well. She's lost some weight too after being very over weight.

First background - we let them out to free range every day and their coop is located in a 20 x 40 fenced in run. There are 9 birds in a coop designed for 20. There are 6 nesting boxes. Food is changed daily and water is changed every other day.

I had to put down a hen who had laid internally 2 days ago. This bird was acting a bit strange the last 3 days but I thought she may just miss her friend. Because she was off by herself today I investigated. When I picked her up and noticed she was much lighter than normal. She's normally an 8.5 pound bird and is now at 6.5 lbs.

Attached is a pic of her stomach (note feathers missing and red skin), her dirty bottom area, some very runny poop she had immediately after I gave her a bath and then her walking around (She still looks suspiciously healthy). She was preening during the bath and after we blew dry her feathers so I hope she isn't seriously ill.

If you need additional information please ask. It's been a rough couple of weeks here with our "ladies" and I am starting to feel a bit snake bit as I just put one down and now another may be in stress. Any ideas you have to help me identify the issue would be appreciated. If you need additional information please feel free to ask.

Attachments

• Clean after bath.jpeg
    Clean after bath.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Dirty Bottom.jpeg
    Dirty Bottom.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Runny poop.jpeg
    Runny poop.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Sore Belly?.jpeg
    Sore Belly?.jpeg
    216.8 KB · Views: 16
Is she walking around with her tail down all the time like in the first pic? Mine always have their tails erect for the most part. Tail down is a sign they aren't feeling good

Back
Top Bottom