runt. Few day old with inflamed air sac on neck. FTT?

carebear66

In the Brooder
Apr 2, 2024
Is this hopeless? Has anyone seen one make it to adulthood with so much against it? She seems calm much of the time but still needs feeding. It’s been 3 days since I assisted her hatch.

Attachments

• IMG_0703.png
    IMG_0703.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0707.jpeg
    IMG_0707.jpeg
    532.2 KB · Views: 16
Is this hopeless? Has anyone seen one make it to adulthood with so much against it? She seems calm much of the time but still needs feeding. It’s been 3 days since I assisted her hatch.
I've had many runts. I keep them with the brooder mates, & make sure they're eating. I would add probiotics to their water as runts are caused mainly due to poor, or a lack of gut bacteria.

That's the crop. It's normal for the crop to get big during feeding.

I've had many runts. I keep them with the brooder mates, & make sure they're eating. I would add probiotics to their water as runts are caused mainly due to poor, or a lack of gut bacteria.

That's the crop. It's normal for the crop to get big during feeding.
Oh my thank you! I did not know the crop was normal to bulge!!! There’s hope!!!

Pretty certain. Someone suggested separating her from the others. I might try that and observe her more closely.

Pretty certain. Someone suggested separating her from the others. I might try that and observe her more closely.
I don't think separating would be helpful.
You could put a drop of food dye on her head, & monitor if she goes to food, & water with the brooder mates.

Back
Top Bottom