runt. Few day old with inflamed air sac on neck. FTT?

Update: She has begun (apparently) eating on her own. She is starting to be less wobbly, though still a bit noisy. Feathered out a little more. Much more hope today. Maybe she is just a runt!!

She has come around with probiotics and the others. She started eating and she runs with the others. So thankful!! I thought she was a hopeless case! We named her Pity Pat

Attachments

• IMG_0767.jpeg
    IMG_0767.jpeg
    366.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0748.jpeg
    IMG_0748.jpeg
    308.9 KB · Views: 4
She has come around with probiotics and the others. She started eating and she runs with the others. So thankful!! I thought she was a hopeless case! We named her Pity Pat
That's good.
May take her some time to catch up in size, but at least she's now eating normally, & feathering out now.

How long should I expect for her to catch up? She’s still so tiny. She had to have her bottom washed today. Does that make a difference in their growth? Should I be worried? She is eating and drinking on her own and I returned a second brooder back to give her the lower heat she loves.

Attachments

• IMG_0873.jpeg
    IMG_0873.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0873.jpeg
    IMG_0873.jpeg
    423 KB · Views: 3
How long should I expect for her to catch up? She’s still so tiny. She had to have her bottom washed today. Does that make a difference in their growth? Should I be worried? She is eating and drinking on her own and I returned a second brooder back to give her the lower heat she loves.
It'll take her awhile to catch up, it takes patience with runts.
Pasty butt is common with runts sometimes.

What's the protein content of the chick feed, you're feeding?

Back
Top Bottom