Rural King suprise duckling!

Beckys Birds

Songster
May 27, 2022
South Central Kentucky
EDIT: Apon closer inspection and different lighting, you can see this duckling has a gray tone to its yellow fluff, and a clear and defined bib. I added another picture. Could this be a silver Swedish? Do they come crested?
So, I needed a couple of ducklings quick fast and in a hurry this morning. Out of a clutch of 7, only one survived. Hence my emergency trip to RK. I got a Cayuga and a mystery duck! I got it because it was crested, and I think those are so goofy looking. Can you all tell me what kind it is? It was in the "Standard Ducks" bin. Whatever that means.
20230716_152024.jpg 20230716_153125.jpg 20230717_115344.jpg

Last edited:
Could be a Buff Orpington since it doesn’t have a Pekin color bill. They sure are precious
They are adorable. I love ducklings, chicks, and goslings. 💙💙💙
This Cayuga may turn out to be a girl, it is SO mouthy and opinionated! 😆

I took another picture of the crested. It has a definite gray cast and a clear bib that's all yellow, like it's crest. I doubt it's a buff. Maybe a silver Swedish? Swedish are on Hoover's "Standard Ducks" list. There were a few of them in the bin. I got this one because of it's crest. I figured if it turns out to be a drake, it'll be easier to rehome. I don't have enough ducks to have 2 drakes.

Back
Top Bottom