S AND G POULTRY in Alabama?

bluere11e

Songster
8 Years
Feb 8, 2011
West Palm Beach
Hi, I came across an ad for Sand G in the Chicken Magazine... They have a good assortment of meat birds and all speeds of growth. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Thanks

The hatchery I get my meat birds from uses S&G hatching eggs,so I guess I'm inadvertently raising their chicks, there awesome! all most 6weeks old and around 4 to 5 lbs(depends on what sex). I all so have a dozen of there eggs in the bator and all but 1 looks good so far...oh all so,I haven't had any leg issues either.

That IS good news.... I might be buying a group from them in the near future.. It'll have to be after summer because it just gets so hot and humid here in south florida they don't do as well as in the spring or fall...

I'm also considering S&G Poultry for my next order, mostly because I want to do a Fall batch of meat birds and I'm concerned about shipping in August... assuming they'll let me, they are close enough to drive a few hours to pick up the birds.

enel 1, which type of birds are you raising, the Red Rangers?

Anyone else have experience with them?

-Wendy

i have cx's and red rangers i think their birds are great the red rangers are much slower growing than the cx's but i havent lost any except for one that got pumbled by the others that had a large gash in its breast so i rubbed that one out but other than that I'm real happy with them.

Next year (or maybe even this fall if I have the money) I'm going to get a straight run of either their Red Rangers or Dixie Rainbows to see how they do compared to the Red Rangers I have now from Mt. Healthy Hatchery (I suspect Mt. Healthy gets their eggs from S&G, but I could be wrong). In fact, once my layers taper off and go to the stew pot, I'm considering getting layers from them. I'll keep some heritage breeds as pets, and let the production birds take over the laying.

Last edited:
After raising Freedom Rangers this past spring, I ordered from S&G for fall. Ten each of Red Rangers, Rainbows, Naked Necks and White Heritage. That should spread out the processing over several weeks.

First impressions... the ordering process is not quite as smooth. If you order online there is a service charge, (they use PayPal,) but by the time you notice that, the order info has already been sent to them. If you just print out the order form to mail, there is no shipping info; you have to call and ask. It would be better if they'd just build the service charge into the price -- credit card fees are simply a cost of doing business -- and come up with a shipping rate schedule that can be printed on the order form.

Shipping date is 8/21, so it will be a while before I have any news. I need to build another chicken tractor!

-Wendy

Back
Top Bottom