S/W suburb of Chicago, looking for a rooster

Jaida

Hatching
5 Years
Our family rooster passed earlier this week of natural causes. We are hoping to find a rooster to watch over our flock of 13 hens and ducks. We have a large coop and fenced in play-area. Every afternoon the play-yard gate is opened and we let all of them stretch their legs/wings and roam, debugging the yard.

We have no preference on age or breed, just personality/disposition as we have many small children in the neighborhood who love to pet the chickens and hand-feed treats.

We are willing to drive/meet up to 1.5 hrs away. Also, I will be traveling to Indianapolis on business early next week (leaving on Wednesday) and am willing to deviate from my journey home.

I currently have way too high of a hen to rooster ratio. Located in the Western burbs. I have a Silver laced polish, a golden laced polish suspected roo, and an Easter Egger bantam. All are roughly 12 weeks.

I have 3 roos 2 barred rocks, one is very protective, and assertive, and a very gentle black sex link I would so like to keep, he was my favorite of the little ones, but I live in Muncie, that may be a problem...I got them abt 2 weeks after march 17th this year...we are still fighting for our right to raise chickens here, so I doubt I can keep any of them, and the distance may deter you...but I have family in North West Indiana, was just there, maybe going in a few months....contact me if any interest

Back
Top Bottom