Sacrificing Chickens-The truth

This is a great thread. Thank you fowled-out.
smile.png

Yeah..i have a very hard time thinking about using animals for scientific research... ugh.. i hope they dont let them suffer! But i have a feeling..
sad.png

But... i'm also a hypocrite..cause that science has benefited me.... so... I guess i cant have it all..
hu.gif

^Yep ain't that a kick in the pants. I HATE making a hypocrite of myself.

Need animals to die to sustain our health... whether that's via food or by learning about diseases/cures that benefit us or even by sacrificing because you believe that sacrifice will benefit you/answer a prayer.... all the same dilemma really.

I am a God-fearing woman, and as such I find it very interesting to learn about other cultures & their religions, etc. I am very open-minded when it comes to things of that nature because I try not to judge people. Other than atheists, I guess everyone believes in something according to how you were raised. Most of our beliefs today are based on what our ancestors believed in, good, bad or indifferent.
Maybe I just have a thirst for knowledge, I don't know; but I also say THANK YOU, fowled out, for enlightening us to some of the Hmong ways!
smile.png

I didn't mean to be inflammatory. No matter the cause or ritual, I have a very hard time understanding it. I'm not living in a bubble here- I stated my belief, atheist, and this is why it is hard for me to understand the justification of a ritual sacrifice.

But still, legally, I can't imagine any place in the USA that would condone a dog sacrifice as legal. Maybe I;m confusing sacrifice with torture, I don't know, but I have a very bad seed in my head wondering how exactly the animals are dispatched.

Look at it this way- I come from the total opposite of animal sacrifice. I work in breast cancer research where we 'sacrifice' animals for a totally secular, scientific reason. A lot of people can;t understand that, and I don't expect them to.

I do understand the wish to be left alone and to continue work i see as important and lifesaving- I think this is where our common ground lies on this issue.
You know, maybe you should refer a Hmong friend who is shaman, so they can perform a sacrificial ritual so those sad, tortured animals will get to go to heaven for their hard work with hard earned money that’ll work in the spirit world. You see, in the Hmong culture, at least the chickens are raised in good condition and treated well before their sacrifice, for my family personally. I love chickens and always felt bad but I had to learn slowly about my own culture about why this has to happen. I’d try to keep the chickens as long as I could before they had to be sacrificed. I felt bad. I have a soft heart, I know it’s for a good cause, but I like for them to have a good life before they go. Sometimes I care about the chickens more than the dogs haha. Chickens are bred so much and only seem as good, which makes them disposable. But it’s only in the eyes of the beholder because dogs are merely the same thing. They’re animals. Sacrificing isn’t fun but for the greater good, some things must happen and they are repaid for their efforts, reincarnated into humans, which is a better life than an animal.

Back
Top Bottom