Sad end to a sad week!

swdunn0926

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Fayetteville
OK some of you know that I have a wide array of birds, however most of my original flock is older birds that i saved from being snake food, cull birds from farms and unwanted birds. Well I came home from work Thursday night to find Eva (EE) I saved from being culled from a farm, and also the hen who was eggbound last year and never laid again after that since her bottom (I call this part of the hen a powder puff) was always extented and swollen even after many nights of soaking in warm water baths and massaging her rear with olive oil, dead in her milk crate box( she slept here because she could no longer fly to roost). She must of died peacefully because nothing looked disturbed. Eva was 9 years old when I got her and I had her for going on 3 years before she died! She was a great friend and will be missed, waddling across the yard and how she always greeted me daily!
Well then today I lost the largest of my Buff Orphington hens, Sandy has been here at our home since she was 9 weeks of age and was one for the 3 chosen for her friendly and wonderful personalities! Sandy laid the largest of all eggs we get plus she was the main hen in our flock. I have no clue to why she passed, all my birds are healthy and happy they all sing their happy songs and she will be missed!

So to my two lovely ladies of the flock I wish you could have graced us with your love a while longer but I will never forget you both!

I'm sorry...
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom