Sadness on the farm yesterday.

KatieNicole143

Chirping
Mar 18, 2018
Yesterday, was a normal day. I came home and you were out in the woods crowing. I would crow and you would always crow back. You would NEVER leave your girls behind. It felt like I had just seen you. Last night. My world was flipped upside down when I looked in the chicken coop. Seen all your girls. But you. You my beautiful black rooster was gone. You were taken from me last night. I took so much pride in you. I was hoping this morning you would be out there crowing. But you weren’t. You are gone. My heart is completely shattered.

Attachments

• 1AE8EFEC-8E1B-42FC-99F9-7AE11742080C.jpeg
    1AE8EFEC-8E1B-42FC-99F9-7AE11742080C.jpeg
    231.6 KB · Views: 24
Did you find any feathers, or any sign of a struggle? Last summer my neighbor's free range flock was wiped out by foxes. The very last hen it took, showed up 4 days later, stripped of feathers from the base of her tail up to the to base of her wings. She somehow escaped and must have been in shock for those few days. And your rooster looked pretty big...just saying, there is that slight possibility he may return. Anything is possible! :fl

Did you find any feathers, or any sign of a struggle? Last summer my neighbor's free range flock was wiped out by foxes. The very last hen it took, showed up 4 days later, stripped of feathers from the base of her tail up to the to base of her wings. She somehow escaped and must have been in shock for those few days. And your rooster looked pretty big...just saying, there is that slight possibility he may return. Anything is possible! :fl
There was no feathers nothing. He just up and disappeared. We have a chicken hawk up here. He was the last of 7 chickens to be taken. First was our big dommer rooster. Then 2 big hens. Then 3 little chicken. Now him.

He would be pleased to know that we have got a new rooster who really takes care of his girls. My heart breaks thinking about my big black rooster. Let’s hope the new man helps me get through it

Attachments

• E7F55018-B73D-49A9-AE7B-A86B5BB23273.jpeg
    E7F55018-B73D-49A9-AE7B-A86B5BB23273.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom