Saipan, Malay,Shamo and Asil... Tall Jungle/game breeds

I ordered from Cackle...they will be here the 14th I think.

I think it is July 7th too, I also ordered from Cackle. I had two Asian GF mixes we hatched from purchased eggs but we had a problems with human thieves and hawks most recently... hawk took out our GF as they would try to fight the hawks! Only our wildest fastest most unfriendly don't like to be held runaway hens from Phoenix and Black Swedish Chickens survived capture by humans and hawks... the Asian GF mixes and the two breeds we have left seemed never to get sick, tolerated heat, cold and rain better than other breeds we had.

We are redesigning our bird coop area. I have invested in solid metal sturdy kennels which we will be putting up well before chicks arrive in July and August. We are modifying them into completely enclosed pens (including top to prevent hawks getting in) with housing... they will go on brick. (I have to make sure no predators can dig under in the night, that was a problem in the past years ago. The hawk problem is very new, we have had no problems with hawks here since we moved in 20 years ago until this year... yeah 2021) I will be investing in other stuff to deter humans as well... ever since the Pandemic started in 2020 causing people to freak out over food source reliability my laying, meat and dual purpose birds (all friendly) have been vanishing with each new panic over eggs or safe meat supply... so I got raided big time by people last year and again this year... most annoying. So replacing birds again but with unfriendly breeds. The goal will be Fort Knox for chickens... I will have to build a few tractors so I can let them forage while I garden.

Anyway we ordered some new breeds and breeds we had before from Cackle and Meyers.

So major redesign and rebuild in progress.

Back
Top Bottom