Salmon Faverolle Hen Quality!

thetaylorranch

In the Brooder
Jul 13, 2023
Hey Everyone,

First post here!

I am heading to my first poultry show this weekend (at a fair, so low key). I have no idea what to expect but am mostly worried my Salmon Faverolle hen is not of show quality and don’t want to be embarrassed with other breeders there!

I should add her beard has come back in since the first photo. She isn’t my best hen but looks the best after breeding season.

Can anyone give me an opinion on her so I know what to expect!?
IMG_2773.jpeg
IMG_8538_jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
She looks better than a hatchery bird, though I don't know how big she is. She appears to meet the Standard, assuming she has five toes on each foot (it's hard to tell based on the photo.) Don't worry about being embarrassed. The first birds I showed at the fair were far worse (and most of the birds at the fair will be worse, to be honest.)

she does look like a nice hen. can you get pic closer to her comb, waddles and legs? and the feathering along her legs

Her feet are super nasty right now, she needs a bath. She does have five toes on each foot

Attachments

• IMG_8903.jpeg
    IMG_8903.jpeg
    470 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8904.jpeg
    IMG_8904.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8912.jpeg
    IMG_8912.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 19
dont be embarrassed she actually looks quite well. clean her feet and its feathers a bit and lotion her comb, waddles and legs/feet. they way she is now you could very much win. the lotion is just a bit extra OOMPH (plus who doesnt like looking extra pretty for their modeling😜 )

Back
Top Bottom